Botox injections are perhaps the most popular non-surgical treatment in North America. At the Art of Facial Rejuvenation, we are pioneers in providing Botox injections, and we have come to learn a thing or two about it. For our patients, it is important that they have all the information and guidelines to follow after they leave our clinic to ensure their maximum satisfaction and comfort. Today we want to talk a little about the do’s and cautionary don’ts after getting Botox Injections.
- After your Botox Injection, it is recommended that you do not apply excess pressure to your face, especially in the areas that were injected with botox. Massaging, rubbing and applying makeup is generally not reccomended for 24 hours. This is mainly a protective measure against the botox spreading to undesired areas of the face like the eyes, which can cause a temporary drooping of the eyelids.
- For the same reason as cited above, strenuous exercise should be avoided for the first 24 hours.
- Other facial procedures, even mildly invasive, such as microdermabrasions, microneedling, chemical peels, or any type of facial should be avoided for up to a week.
- After botox injections, there may be mild bruising. The first instinct one may have is to reach for the painkillers to help with the recovery; however, these are blood thinning medications and need to be avoided because they can in fact contribute to the bruising. Avoid drinking alcohol, ibuprofen, and other painkiller medications.
- Try to sleep on your back for the first night. It is recommended that patients do not sleep on their face, or lie down for 5 hours after injection to circumvent any spreading of botox.
- Avoid getting Botox injections if you are pregnant, planning to be, or are breast feeding
- Do avoid all the Don’ts above; however beyond this, Art of Facial Rejuvenation understands that patients sometimes may not be satisfied with their results. Therefore, do book a follow-up appointment 2 weeks after the injection. This will give the prior injection some time to settle and we can better gage the results, and whether any additional touch-up injections are necessary.
- Do book your complementary appointment with our medical professional and ask all the questions before undergoing botox injections, and we will try to ease the process in every way that we can.
Give us a call now at 647-879-9181 | 416-229-2667 to book your complementary consultation with our medical professional today.