At the Art of Facial Rejuvenation, we are firm believers in health promotion and wellbeing, and we have perfected a sports injury department that is emblematic of our dedication to physical fitness. Our Sports injury department incorporates various physical rehabilitation services like massage therapy, chiropractic care, physiotherapy, acupuncture, orthopedics and sports medicine. Our team of professional and knowledgeable staff work in symbiosis to diagnose, recommend, and treat physical injury sustained from sports related activity, both as a result of performance and lifestyle.
As a medical team, our goal is to initially assess the sports injury related problem through detailed assessment of the patient’s functioning mobility, medical history, and medical examination. In cases where our medical professional deems necessary, additional medical information may be required, including laboratory imaging (X-Ray) or an electrodiagnostic testing (i.e. Electromyograms) to compile a more detailed and comprehensive picture of the patient’s condition. Upon meticulous examination, our physiotherapist will render a diagnosis, followed by a personalized treatment plan, which incorporates, when necessary, the expertise of multiple departments and medical staff to maximize our patient’s state of physical fitness and health.
Our dedication to sport fitness does not rely solely on treating a sports injury when and after they occur. In fact, we work extensively on early prevention, where it can be easily maintained, in spite of an athlete’s demanding lifestyle. Our treatment plans at the Art of Facial Rejuvenation focus on the following:
- Acute injuries: This especially includes injury sustained from overuse in sports, including but not limited to: sprains, fractures, strains and tendonitis
- Chronic and extended musculoskeletal conditions that result from disorders of the bones and joints, including osteoarthritis
- Assessment and diagnosis of unforeseen, acute conditions that impede with athlete performance, including mononucleosis, asthma and hypertension
- Concussion management and treatment plans centered on concussion prevention
- A pre-assessment of the individual’s health, level of fitness, and preparedness to engage in a new physical activity
- Assessment of the individual’s ability and physical state of fitness to return to a sport following an injury
Throughout therapy, we will work alongside the patient to gradually restore maximum movement and functionality by combining a variety of target-specific techniques of manual therapy and exercise prescription. In some cases, personalized braces may be required, and within our clinic, we have access to the latest and most efficient braces. In other cases, athletic taping will be required, which is the physical application of tape directly onto the skin in order to maintain a stabilized position of the bones and muscles during athletic activity. Chiropractic adjustments may also provide additional relief in sport injuries, and assistance for the continuation of training. While part of our mission is to alleviate and focus on the immediate problem, it is also equally important to us to educate our patients so that they can maintain and prevent future injuries and functional decline.
Our rehabilitation services are claimable to Insurance companies. To book an appointment with our sports physiotherapist, call our clinic today.
* Results of this treatment may vary from person to person.